If you are a homeowner a pest infestation is among your greatest concerns. Termites cause more harm to houses within Canada than storms and fires combined, the reason reliable pest control experts in Toronto, Ottawa and other cities are always on the alert. A little community of termites may seriously compromise the strength of the house in only a brief period of time.
As soon as you discover a pest infestation such as termites there are a few golden rules that you should follow in what to do and what not to do in order to restrict the damage that the termites can do to your house.
What you must do if you find termites in your house.
- Decrease the quantity of humidity around your home while coping with termites as humidity attracts termites.
- Look for deteriorating gutters and water taps and also have them fixed.
- Produce proper ventilation in regions of the home where humidity develops.
- Search for any breaks or cracks in wooden buildings and close them. This can stop termites from getting through the break into the timber.
- Another option would be to put fine sand in the spaces or breaks, as termites cannot build a nest where there is fine sand.